Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nostalgic...

Ever been walking around and a smell gets to you? Makes you remember something from you past? This winter that has been happening to me a lot. For some reason the air in the mornings here have been reminding me of southern California and my grandpa. The air has had that feel of "its gonna be a hot one" while its still a bit on the cooler side. All the palm trees are help set the mood that im in SoCal. The air has has that fresh morning smell, the one SoCal gets in the morning when its still cool out before the smog takes over. There is a pool at our school and the smell from the pool with the air really reminds me of my grandpas house, he had a pool too. Thats probably why I still love going down to SoCal, it reminds me of my grandpa.
This smell in the mornings has been putting me in a good mood, makes horrible students much easier to deal with. At the same time however it really makes me miss my grandpa and our family trips down to California to see him.
Kind of rambly I know,  but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you described it perfectly!

    Some mornings, even in January, the smell reminds me of the smell on my walk to school in the morning while I was living in Costa Rica. I didn't get it for a long time, because it's cold here and not tropical. But then I realized it was the smell of exhaust.

    This is a cute little post, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chessie, I know that exact smell. Sometimes I would smell it in downtown Portland and I would think of my father and his home in Brea...and I miss him too. Thank god we have memories. and another reminder how small the world is.

    ReplyDelete